Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Adventures In the Making...


Since the last time I wrote, David and I went to Europe. Not to mention his graduation from law school and that we have been given a most special gift from God...and little (currently 5" long) baby. It's crazy...being pregnant. There is a little mini-baby inside of me right now, growing like a weed. Today, it is compared to a softball, before a kiwi. Soon, in the fifth month, a cantalope. Interesting that we compare our future children to objects and fruit, but it really does help you visualize it's size. The heartbeat is a fast one...160 beats per minute. I think its a little girl (cute curly red curls, right!?) We'll find out soon enough.

I want to be a good mom, but since I've never done this before, really have no idea what to expect. One day at a time, I guess. Although with only about 150 days to go, this baby bundle from heaven will be here before we know it! Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

2 comments:

Joey:) said...

Amanda, I am rejoicing with you! I can't believe how much this baby is growing either, it seems like just yesterday you were sharing with me that you were pregnant, now your showing and glowing and I feel like there's not enough time to prepare! There is and you're going to be an amazing mother! Love, Joey

Leslie said...

I am so very excited for you and David! Congratulations... It is very strange how the baby is compared to fruits and vegetables..LOL :-)