
If I were to write a list of my favorite things, going on vacation would be near the top. Growing up, my family went on vacation almost every year to some place exciting, like Maine, Toronto, Niagara Falls, Tennessee, Walt Disney World, Cancun, Myrtle Beach, Italy with mom, and up north...
Each trip has fun memories with my parents and sisters. I think we even kept a daily journal during some of the trips, I'd love to find those and see what I thought of Magic Kingdom in '93.
David and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We've also went out west a few times (a region that I had not traveled before) to Colorado and Arizona for friends' weddings and California to discover that San Diego isn't always sunny and 75 like they say it is. "May Gloom, June Bloom"...we went in May. Boston, NYC and Rhode Island was a fun trip too, the east coast is very charming. I've also traveled down south recently, to New Orleans, LA, Alabama and Georgia; each state offering a unique service style, food and accent...ya'll.
Our next planned trip is to the UK and Ireland this spring. At least on this vacation, I know in advance it will be chilly and rainy! I'm looking forward to kissing the Blarney Stone, searching for Loch Ness, standing in front of Big Ben and driving through the green hills of Ireland. One learns a lot about geography, and more importantly, cultures when traveling. I'm thankful I have had so many amazing opportunities to see different parts of the world and look forward to seeing where my next trip may be.

1 comment:
I can't wait to hear about what you see, I will take notes for when I go:)
Post a Comment